|FAQs Online Catalogue Order Printed Catalogue How to Grow Rhododendrons Customers & Customer Comments Dwarf Rhododendron Yak Hybrids Larger Species Rhododendron Larger Hybrid Rhododendron Rhododendrons Indoors Books, by Peter & Kenneth Cox||
MAIL ORDER FOR SPRING 2013 IS NOW FINISHED LAST ORDERS FOR SPRING 2013 HAVE BEEN LIFTED ON FRIDAY 29TH MARCH AND PACKED ON MONDAY APRIL 1ST. All remaining plants will be potted in the next weeks and sent to the garden centre for collection only. Any plants ordered from 29th March 2013 will be reserved for Autumn 2013. Feel free to order anything even if marked as unavailable MINIMUM MAIL ORDER
UK £40 ex Vat, post & packing
Europe & Japan £100 ex vat, p&p
Payment of Orders and Glendoick Bank Details click here
Discounts on Orders £175-349 (ex VAT) 5% discount
£350-799 (ex VAT) 10% discount
£800-1749 (ex VAT 15% discount
£1750+ (ex VAT) 20% discount No discounts on specimen plants or books.
Orders sent at different times count as separate orders. Give substitutes to ensure discount qualification.
|Triflora Rhododendron Foliage Azaleas Meconopsis Hydrangea Kalmia & Enkianthus Specimen Plants Glendoick Garden Centre Glendoick History Scotland for Gardeners Visiting The Gardens at Glendoick Contact Us||
Glendoick Gardens Trading Terms and Conditions
Proceeding to the online catalogue implies acceptance of these terms and conditions
1. Mail order plants may be ordered at any time of year but are only available mail order from October to April 1st. Dispatch of plants begins in October when plants are dormant. Latest delivery is April 1st. After this date all stock is containerised and available at our garden centre only.
2. Please respect our minimum order for mail order (collected orders can be for any amount). £40 EX Vat, postage and packing for the UK and £100 for Other Countries: Europe and Japan. We do not export to North America, Australia or New Zealand.
3. We do not accept orders by phone, as it can result in errors and misunderstandings, particularly as latin names are hard to pronounce. ALL orders must be placed in writing on our website, by e mail, letter or fax.
4. Mail order plants are delivered by Post (datapost to Japan see below for costs) or can be collected from the nursery. Please indicate the month you would like to receive plants. October, November, February, March or first week of April (for Northern Europe). For collection we need 1 week's notice.
5. V.A.T. is not included in prices. V.A.T. is payable on postage and packing also. 17.5% or the prevailing rate will be added to all UK and EC orders. Non EC customers pY NO VAT. EC businesses with a valid VAT number can elect not to pay VAT. Valid EC Vat no. must be supplied.6. CLAIMS Claims must be submitted within 7 days of delivery, otherwise we assume goods arrived in good condition. We cannot be responsible for loss/damage beyond our control.
7. MISTAKES Plants in our gardens, nursery and garden centre are true-to name as near as humanly possible, but mistakes can be made. If any item is considered wrong, please e mail a digital photograph or post a shoot in a polythene bag and if it proves to be incorrect, we will of course replace it.
8. All plants sold may be subject to stock failure (e.g. unsatisfactory growth, crop shortage, weather damage or disease).
9. A credit charge of 2.5% will be added after 28 days if payment has not been received. After this period, an addition of 2.5% per month will come into effect.
10. All goods remain the property of Glendoick Gardens Ltd until paid for in full. We reserve the right to uplift the goods supplied if payment is not received after one month's written notice has been given.
|Mail Order Season October-1st April
Glendoick plants are most open-gound grown and can be sent out mail order from early October to early December and February to April 1st only, when plants are dormant. All orders made outside this period are held until the next available delivery time. Please note that October deliveries are made on a first come first served basis and some plants may not be delivered till early November. Containerised plants are available from Glendoick Garden Centre year round. (no mail order)
Collection Orders for collection are lifted once per week October-April 1st. Plants are assembled for collection in the nursery garage behind Glendoick house. The invoice will be found with your plants. We require at least ONE WEEKS notice of date of collection. Plants cannot be lifted while customers wait.
Directions for Collecting Plants
Come off the A90 Perth-Dundee Road and follow signs to Glendoick Garden Centre. Pass the garden centre carpark on your right and turn right up the drive, signed for Glendoick House. Go to the top of the drive (1/2mile) and turn right. Collection plants are to be found in the garage at the nursery between the van and the car in this picture.
Specimen Plants click here
Plant health Inspections EC countries: no inspection required now. Norway requires inspection. Japan Health inspections charged at cost. The scale of charges starts at about £15 for a £150 order and is approx. 10% of the value. For countries which require root-washing (Japan) we have to charge 20% of the value of the plants for this time-consuming (and unpleasant) task..
e mail email@example.com with your name and address for a copy of our 70 page catalogue and price list.
Availability of Plants: All orders placed in April-September are reserved for the following October.
In April all remaining stock is containerised and available at our garden centre only.
Not all the plants in our catalogue are available every year. Many sell out fast in the Autumn and many customers reserve plants for the following year.WHEN YOU RECEIVE YOUR PLANTS
As soon as you receive you plants, open the box and untie the plants. They may look a little crushed but will soon bouce back. Plants usually establish best planted out of doors as soon as possible on arrival. If weather is unfavourable, untie & store plants in a cool, light, frost-free building. Plants can be heeled in if the planting area is not yet prepared.
If you receive an invoice and plants have not arrived, please let us know immediately so we can track the plants.
|Cancellation and Returns: plants
You may cancel your order before plants have been dispatched, up to 7 days after your e mail confirmation of receipt of order has been received. Plants are perishable and therefore you do not have the right to cancel plants once they have been dispatched/delivered unless they are damaged, faulty or miss-described.
Cancellation and return: books and labels only
You can cancel your contract at any time up to 7 working days after the day of delivery. To do this, please e-mail us or write to us.
If you cancel books or labels, you must return the goods to us at your own expense. You must ensure that the goods are packaged adequately to protect against damage and must be returned in mint condition, suitable for resale. If you fail to take reasonable care of the goods before they are returned to us, and this results in damage or deterioration, we will charge you for the reduction in value.
This cancellation policy does not affect your legal rights, for example, if goods are faulty or missdescribed.
|Payment of orders.
Accounts must be settled within one month of invoice. Overdue accounts will accrue charges of 2½% per month.
Methods of Payment
1.. Major credit cards. (not American Express). Details should be filled in on the order form or online. We cannot process orders without the 3 digit security code on the reverse. Please pay by credit card if possible. It means much lower bank charges.2. Cheque, drawn on a UK bank and in sterling. We do not accept payment in Euros
3. Electronic Transfer/BACS Effected in STERLING
By electronic transfer/BACS to BANK OF SCOTLAND, 10-16 King Edward St, PERTH, A/C GLENDOICK GARDENS LTD, 00398039
Bank of Scotland account 809128 00398039IBAN - GB78 BOFS 8091 2800 3980 39
Swift/BIC code - BOFSGB2S
4. By bank draft payable to GLENDOICK GARDENS LTD, (A/C 00398039) and sent to Bank of Scotland, 10-16 Kind Edward St, Perth, PH1 5UT Scotland. Drafts should be drawn in Sterling and payable to a bank in the United Kingdom. This is the most expensive way to pay your account and we dont recommend it. ALL BANK CHARGES IN BOTH COUNTRIES MUST BE BORNE BY THE CUSTOMER. You may receive a further invoice for any bank charges incurred in the UK. Please do not use this emthod of payment if at all possible.
We send by post unless requested otherwise. We cannot be held responsible for delays and/or losses once consignments have left Britain or any internal delays or damage in the country of destination.
|Making a contract with us |
When you place an order with us, you are making an offer to buy goods. We will send you an e-mail to confirm that we have received your order. Once we have checked the price and availability of the goods, we will send you a written confirmation by mail to confirm that we accept your order, and that a contract has been made between us. We will not take payment from you until we dispatch your order.
In the event that the goods are no longer available, or that we have made a pricing mistake, we will advise you of this. There will be no contract between us. If the goods ordered are not available, we will supply you with substitute goods if you have indicated on your order that this is acceptable.
Changes to these terms