Contact Glendoick

Contact Garden Centre

Open 7 days 9am to 5pm (winter)
5.30pm (summer)

Phone: 01738 860260
Email gardencentre@glendoick.com

Link to bus timetable X8, Perth, Glendoick, Dundee


Contact Cafe and Foodhall

Cafe closes 45 minutes before Garden Centre

Phone: 01738 860265
Email restaurant@glendoick.com


Mail Order is now CLOSED

Please contact Garden Centre for all plant enquiries.

 

Glendoick Garden Centre is proud to be a member of the GCA - Britain's Best Garden Centres

 

Contact Form

 

Your Contact Details

 
 
 

Garden Centre Opening Times

Summer

Monday to Sunday: 9am - 5.30pm

Winter

Monday to Saturday: 9am - 5pm
Sunday: 10am - 5pm

Cafe closes at 45 minutes before Garden Centre closing time.

Garden Opening Times 2017

1st April - 31st May
Open 7 days 10am - 4pm.

Tickets must be purchased from the garden centre till before driving up to the gardens.

Glendoick Garden Centre, Glencarse, Perth, PH2 7NS


×

Share this with your friends

Get our monthly emails & blog post checks

Glendoick Environmental Policy

At Glendoick we believe that gardening is or should be an activity which is good for the environment. Plants are essential for bees, birds and other wildlife and add to the wellbeing of individuals and communities.

Source Locally 

Plants

Unlike the Garden Centre chains who source little or no plant material from Scottish Growers, Glendoick grow many of their plants on site in their two nurseries. Our bedding plants are grown 3 miles away near Errol, or heathers are grown locally, our Poinsettias from Edinburgh, Cyclamen from the Clyde Valley, perennials and alpines from near Inverness and so on.

Food

By sourcing local produce as much as possible, we cut down on food miles and support local farmers, growers and producers. In the kitchen, we compost, recycle and have a bio-friendly septic tank. 

Our one napkin policy has cut napkin use down from nearly 500,000 a year to 20,000 a year.

 

Legal and National Guidelines

We will uphold the laws and regulations relating to the Environment, and also will respect its sensitivities.

We will work to reduce energy and resource consumption, adhering to industry and good practice and seek prevention of pollution at all times.

Recycling and Waste management


  • Waste product management and a recycling policy will be pursued vigorously and we will fulfil obligations and, where possible advance initiatives in this area.
  • In the kitchen, we compost food waste
  • All cardboard is recycled
  • We have on site recycling for glass, clothing etc.
  • We have a bio-friendly sweage treatment plant
  • Our one napkin policy has cut napkin use down from nearly 500,000 a year to 20,000 a year.

Timber Sourcing

Glendoick furniture is purchased, wherever possible only using sustainable timber: The Forest Stewardship Council (FSC).

What does FSC Mean?

  • It means that the wood used in your furniture is extracted with minimal environmental impact.
  • The FSC label guarantees that the trees that are harvested are replaced or allowed to regenerate naturally. 
  • Parts of the forest are protected entirely, in order to protect rare animals and plants.
  • FSC is the only wood certification scheme endorsed by the major environmental charities, including WWF, Greenpeace and The Woodland Trust.
  • FSC protects the rights of indigenous people to use the forest.
  • The forest owner must use local workers to run the forest, and provide training, safety equipment and a decent salary. 
  • The FSC label is found on wood and paper products. All the wood used is tracked from the forest to the store. Every link between the forest and the consumer is certified to make it clearly identifiable which wood is FSC certified and which is not.

 

 

Peat Policy at Glendoick Gardens

11th June 2014

In line with UK government advice, Glendoick Gardens Ltd runs a reduced peat-use policy for its nursery stock production. Unlike almost all other UK rhododendron and azalea growers, most of Glendoick's stock is grown in the open ground, requiring almost no peat to be used. Following extensive trials, in Glendoick's open ground production, less than 10% peat is used as a planting medium. The remaining 90% consists of top soil,  loam, composted bark and composted conifer needles and chipped trimmings. We estimate that our open-ground rhododendron production is the most peat-friendly in the U.K. At Glendoick Gardens, peat is used mainly in propagation and container production. Most peat used is from renewable sources in Scandinavia and the Baltic states. (see below).

Glendoick still uses peat in propagation and in its container mixes (50% peat) as we believe that Ericaceous plants (which grow naturally on peat) require at least some of it for best results.

For more information See The Peat Debate  by Ken Cox