CLOSED UNTIL GOVERNMENT RESTRICTIONS ARE LIFTED
We are normally open:
9am to 5pm Monday-Saturday
The Cafe is OPEN from 9.30am (10am Sunday) to 4pm Last orders for hot food 3pm, Soup 3.30pm, Coffee & Cake 4pm
Glendoick is OPEN!
Glendoick Garden Centre, Glencarse, Perth, PH2 7NS
Outstanding house plants, colourful pots and plant food
(Cyclamen persicum hybrids)
● Buy locally grown. Glendoick’s are grown in Scotland. Supermarket imported dont last long.
● They need bright, but filtered light, away from strong sun and draughts.
● Minimum temperature of 13-15°C (55-59°F).
● Water sparingly & from below using a saucer.
● Avoid draughts and be careful when transporting poinsettias. In cold weather protect with wrapper or bag.
● Usually grown as an annual, thrown out when it is over as hard to get red bracts back.
Most cacti and succulents like a sunny or bright position window all year round.
During the winter it is best to have cool night temperatures of 8-10°C (46-50°F) as a minimum, for a period of rest. They can take central heating but not keep in very hot conditions 24 hours a day.
The compost must be open and free draining: waterlogging and overwatering will kill them trough rotting. Use Cacti compost or John Innes No 2 with 30 percent extra grit or fine gravel. Do not overpot: they like to be a bit rootbound. Re-pot pot-bound plants in spring, into a pot only slightly larger in diameter. Cacti are best watered with rainwater.
Watering in Summer
Watering in Autumn and winter
● Indoor orchids are mainly epiphytic (growing on trees) or lithophytic (growing on rocks).
● Repot every 2-3 years. Use bark-based orchid compost, using as container one or two sizes larger.
● Phalaenopsis like indoor room conditions all year round, minimum temperature requirement of 18°C (65°F).
● Bright but filtered light; avoid direct sunshine.
● Orchids like high air humidity (mist foliage), but their roots will rot easily in wet compost. Water them about once a week, ideally using tepid rainwater. Water from above and tip out any water that collects in the saucer under the pot.
Azaleas, Poinsettias, Cyclamen
Azaleas, Orchids, Streptocarpus, Cacti, Geraniums, Begonias, Jasmine,
Bourganvillea, Begonias, orchids